Friday, June 8, 2012

Duck Soup

The Marx Brothers (Photo by chodu).
As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had leftover roast duck from our wonderful anniversary dinner at Klara's in Cary the other night.  We brought the carcasses home and boiled them in chicken stock and removed the remaining meat.  Boiling the carcass gave a great flavor to the stock.  After removing the bones there remained a rich stock that served as the base for the soup.  To the stock, I added diced onion, diced celery and the duck meat.  A dash of salt and pepper and dried oregano provided seasoning.
Duck carcass ready to be boiled.
Duck soup.
While I was preparing the duck soup, I couldn't help thinking about one of the funniest movies ever, Duck Soup, starring the Marx brothers. I went on You Tube and found a clip from the 1933 film.  If you subscribe to NetFlix and if you haven't seen the movie, you might want to put it in your queue.  Come to think of it, it's been a long time since we've seen it and I'm going to add it to our queue.

Here's a clip from the movie showing the famous mirror sequence.  Groucho and Harpo are in this scene.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment