Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Orangedale, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

When we were in Nova Scotia in August, I ventured over to the little village of Orangedale every now and then.  It is one of my favorite villages in Cape Breton and not so very far from our place.  One day I took along my camera and captured some things I saw on a walk through the village.

The weathered shingles of an abandoned building.
The old railway station, now a museum.
The railroad that runs through the village.
Somebody is getting ready for winter.
A nice view of the lake from the village.





Orangedale United Church.



 
The "post office" at Smith's general store.


Smith's General Store deserves a post of its own, check in tomorrow for that.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment