Thursday, October 13, 2011

Art Deco Auction Items

Art Deco 1920s book ends.
 Last weekend Leland Little Auctions in Hillsborough auctioned part of the James and Virginia Tucker art deco collection.  I was unable to attend the auction, but I was able to bid for some items by telephone.  These are the items I won.  I'm glad to get them not only because I like art deco style, but because they come from the collection of my dear friends, the Tuckers.

 
Art deco perfume atomizer.  I love the art deco design on this.


1920s powder box.

Isadora Duncan dancer flower frog. 
Isadora Duncan was a dancer in the early twentieth century credited by some as the founder of modern dance.  Duncan's fondness for flowing scarves was the cause of her death in an automobile accident in Nice, France when her silk scarf, draped around her neck, became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle of the car in which she was riding, breaking her neck.

1930s art deco flower frog.

 I can't wait to use the flower frogs in a flower arrangement.  I must go and get some flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice items, think I likes the book ends best!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete