Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smith's General Store, Orangedale, Nova Scotia

Smith's General Store
I love going over to Smith's store in Orangedale whenever we are in Cape Breton.  It reminds me of a general store of my childhood.  I believe the store has been in the family for three generations.  You can find almost anything at Smith's.

One May my friend Helen and I were at the house for a short stay, and we discovered that the electric stove was not working.  I called Bruce and within hours Bruce had a new stove delivered to us.  He's a really nice guy.

Appliances for sale.

And furniture.
You can even fill up your car with gas while there.

Bruce pumping gas.

All kinds of meats.
These bananas look perfect for making banana pudding.

Lot of Coffee Crisp candy bars.  These are Dan's and my favorite candy bars.


 Yes, Smith's General Store is a wonderful place to visit and to shop.

2 comments:

  1. hi everyone still in business over 100 years and still open and going strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sorry to inform you but someone posted that gh smith&sons were closed we were told this in the store today by tourists this is not true this store has been in business for over 100 years by dan martin garnet smith and bruce smith still runs it to this day .thankyou

    ReplyDelete