Sunday, January 15, 2012

Singin' in the Rain: A Classic Movie Musical

This past Wednesday it was "raining cats and dogs" in Raleigh, and I thought what better than to stay inside and watch one of my very favorite movies of all time, Singin' in the Rain.  This movie came out in 1952 and starred Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, and Donald O'Connor with a guest appearance by Cyd Charisse.

I captured a few still shots from the movie to share here on my post.  The sets were lavish, the costumes exquisite and the dancing unbelieveable.
Donald O'Connor at the piano.
Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds
Gorgeous costumes.
The famous dance in the rain by Gene Kelly.
In my mind, this movie is the best musical ever made, and the dancing by Gene Kelly is the best dancing ever in a movie particularly the sequence where he was out on the street dancing in the rain.  This scene was supposedly filmed in just one take.  For those of you who may never have seen this classic movie here is the now famous dancing in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great movie. Thanks for reminding me of it.

    June

    ReplyDelete