Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner at the University Club


For the last five or six years Dan and I have had Thanksgiving dinner at the NC State University Club where we are members.  It has become a tradition, and each year we invite family or friends to join us  Yesterday we invited Dan's son Malcolm.

I did my graduate work at NC State and as an alumna I and my extended family are eligible for membership in the Club, and we have been members for about fifteen years now.  The Club has just undergone a major renovation, completely redoing the lobby and the main dining room.
Logo in the lobby.
The main dining area.
Among advantages of membership is the opportunity to partake of their wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.  It is always good.

Plates ready to be filled.
Great selection on the fruit platter.


My entree.
 After a fruit salad, I chose for my entree turkey (dark meat) two kinds of dressing, cranberry sauce, collards, sweet potato casserole, and squash casserole.  All were good.
There was a vast array of desserts including pecan pie, pumpkin pie, several different cakes, and several different cheesecakes.  I chose a small spiced pumpkin cake.  I had my pumpkin pie and rum cake later in the day at home.
Small individual pumpkin spice cakes.
We enjoy our membership in the University Club all year round, but especially at Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment