Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lunch at Artisan Cafe with Statesville Cousins

My mother was from Statesville, NC (Iredell County), and I still have a few cousins living there.  Yesterday my sister, Martha, and I visited with some of them.  Among the things we did was lunch at The Artisan Cafe.  The Cafe is in an old restored turn of the century house.
I love the architecture of this house.

My sister, Martha (on right) and our cousin, Joan, on porch of Artisan Cafe.


Checking out the menu.  (Debby, Hugh, Martha, Joan).
After a delicious lunch, we went over to Oakwood Cemetery in Statesville to visit the graves of our grandparents.

Oakwood Cemetery, Statesville, NC beautiful on a November afternoon.






3 comments:

  1. What a glorious "Indian Summer" fall day it was. So much fun with our cousins! It reminded me of when Aunt Roz, Aunt Jewel and my mom would get together and just shake with laughter. Now I know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, now it's our generation's turn to shake with laughter. : ) So good to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed it as well. Kept looking for the OLD folks, then realized WE ARE the OLD folks.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete