Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ham and "Double Cream" Brie Croissant

The Green Valley Grill, Greensboro, NC
 Friday, on the way home from Shelby, I stopped in Greensboro to visit my friend Virginia.  We had a good visit and lunch at the Green Valley Grill.  The Grill is adjacent to the O Henry Hotel and has the feel of a Tuscan ristorante.  The large pottery vases in the main dining room reminded me of the pottery we saw in Perugia on our recent trip to Italy.
Italian pottery decorating the main dining room.

The bar as seen from our booth in the dining room.


Virginia and I both chose the Ham & "Double Cream" Brie Croissant with herb mayonnaise and fig preserves.  What a nice combination--the ham, brie and just a taste of the fig preserves spread on the croissant--the flavors blended beautifully.  I could eat only half of mine, so Dan had the other half when I got home.




Ham and Brie Croissant.
Entrance to the Green Valley Grill.

If you are in Greensboro at lunch time, I strongly recommend lunch at the GVG.  I look forward to returning soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment