Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Coney Island Hot Dogs in Raleigh


I usually eat hot dogs just once a year at the State Fair, but after having my fill of turkey and all the trimmings over the Thanksgiving weekend I began hankering for a hot dog.  Our local TV Station WRAL had recently reviewed Five Best Places for Hot Dogs and one of the places, Cloos' Coney Island, had been featured on the  WRAL Tar Heel Traveler.

Cloos' Coney Island,  is close by over on Avent Ferry Road in the Mission Valley Shopping Center near the NC State campus.  Today friend Marcia and I decided to check out the place for lunch. Although this place offers a variety of sandwiches and great cheese fries, they are known primarily for their all beef hot dogs.  And this is what we chose.  The "dogs" are spectacular.  When you bite into the skin,  it "pops".  I understand they fly these hot dogs in from Detroit.  This is without a doubt one of the best "dogs" I ever ate.
The interior is reminiscent of the 50s and with red and black colors (NC State colors).
All beef hot dogs on the grill.
Marcia and I ready to enjoy our "dogs".
All beef hot dog with slaw and condiments.
French fries are great too.
Great service from these guys.  Thanks very much.

I think maybe I won't have to wait for the State Fair to enjoy my annual hot dog.  I've found a new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment