Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sour Cream Oven Chicken


I'm continuing my week of "freezer diving", and when I discovered half a package of herb seasoned stuffing, this is the recipe that resulted.
I found this half bag of stuffing in the freezer.
 Sour Cream Oven Chicken
1 pt. sour cream
4 tbsp, lemon juice
2 tsp. paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. Bavarian seasoning (I use this rather than salt.)
Dash of pepper
4 to 6 boneless chicken thighs
1 pkg herb seasoned stuffing, crushed
melted butter

Mix together sour cream, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, Bavarian seasoning and pepper.
Dip chicken thighs in this mixture; roll in stuffing.  Arrange chicken in a shallow greased baking dish.  Brush with melted butter and place uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and a crusty brown.  Serves 4 to 6.
Crush the stuffing into fine crumbs.
Coat the chicken thighs with the sour cream mixture.
Roll thighs in seasoned crumbs.
Drizzle with butter and pop into a 350 degree oven.

Out of oven.
Ready to eat.Tender and juicy.

It just so happened that I had bought the chicken thighs on Friday before I decided to do my "freezer diving" so I did not have to go to the grocery store for any of these ingredients---I had them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment