Sunday, November 4, 2012

Skillet Flounder with Tomatoes

Skillet flounder with tomato sauce.
Another "freezer dive" and I discovered frozen flounder.  For something different I went online and found this recipe for Skillet Flounder.  Since we don't like food that is very spicy, I modified the recipe to make it less spicy.  I also left out the green peppers because Dan doesn't like them. Here's my modified recipe.  Note that I used canned tomatoes which made it much quicker to prepare.

Skillet Flounder in Tomato Sauce
1 tsp olive oil
3 pieces of flounder fillets
1/2 cup onion, chopped (I used frozen diced onions.)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chopped tomatoes

1 tbsp Bavarian Seasoning (from Penzeys Spices) This is salt free seasoning.



In a deep skillet, cook onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until soft.  Add tomatoes and spices and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.  Lay fish fillets in the sauce, cover and cook on medium-low until fish flakes easily, approx 12-15. To serve, place fish on plate and spoon sauce on top. Serve immediately.

Cook onion and garlic for about 2 minutes until soft.
Add chopped tomatoes and Bavarian seasoning.
Lay fillets on top of sauce.
Cover and cook.
I served this with coleslaw and a homemade corn muffin.


This was a different way to prepare flounder, and we liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment