Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lunch at Side Street Cafe--Times Two

Side Street Cafe in Oakwood.

I've been lucky to have had lunch at Side Street Cafe twice this week.  Last Saturday, friend Mary Todd, introduced me to this little restaurant over in Oakwood.  And Tuesday when Michael took me out for a belated Mother's Day Lunch, I chose Side Street.  You can see that I really like this restaurant.
On Saturday I had the pimento cheese sandwich, and Tuesday I had the egg salad sandwich.  Both were very good.
The "side kick" of corn, bean, pea salad complemented this sandwich very nicely.

The staff is very friendly and service was good.
Friendly staff.

Saturday, I resisted having dessert, but on Tuesday I just had to have a serving of their bread pudding with whiskey sauce.  It was "intoxicating"--pun intended.

Thank you Mary for introducing me to this restaurant and thank you Michael for a nice belated Mother's Day lunch.

Side Street on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Did you get a buzz on with the dessert?
    Like you and Mama did in England drinking
    cider, that you did not know was HARD cider.
    LOL

    Love you!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No buzz with this, like I got in England. : )

    ReplyDelete