Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Cookbook Book Club

From Cameron Village Library Flyer.
Cameron Village Public Library (Photo from their website).
A book club featuring cookbooks is a great idea.  I attended my first meeting of this Club last night, and I must say it was a great deal of fun.  And what good food!!!  The group enjoyed a variety of dishes prepared by the attendees.  The dishes for this month were all prepared from recipes in some Southern Living cookbook.
 Each member described her dish and recipe to the group.
My plate.
As you can see from my plate there was quite a variety of dishes:  potato salad, egg salad, romaine lettuce and strawberry salad, Hoppin' John Salad, two kinds of bread and old-fashioned strawberry shortcake to mention a few.
Linda Watson is a member of this Club, and for the June meeting we will each prepare a dish from a recipe in her book Wildly Affordable Organic.  

I've belonged to book clubs before, but this is the first Cookbook Book Club I've known, and I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment