Sunday, May 27, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham


“Do you like green
eggs and ham?”“I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like green
eggs and ham!” .............


“I do so like
green eggs
and ham!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Sam-I-am!”

This was one of our children's favorite Dr. Seuss poems.  I liked it too.  At one point I think we could all quote it line by line from memory.  Last night I decided to try a new twist to egg salad and ham sandwiches for supper.  I made egg salad using pesto, and it turned out to be a lovely shade of green.  That with a slice of ham made for an interesting sandwich. Throw in a few sweet potato chips, and you have supper that even Theodor Geisel would have enjoyed.
Egg salad made with pesto.

Ham on one side, "green" egg salad on the other. 

A supper of green eggs and ham and a few sweet potato chips.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment