Monday, May 14, 2012

Zucchini Nut Bread

Zucchini Nut Bread




I've had the Southern Hospitality Cookbook since 1976, and it is one of my favorite cookbooks.  The Cookbook Book Club this month will be discussing recipes from Southern Living Cookbooks, and each person will take one of the dishes that he/she has prepared to share with the group at the meeting tonight.  I'm sharing the Zucchini Nut Bread from this cookbook. Here's the recipe:
I first made this one summer in the late 70's when I had a lot of extra zucchini.  And I've made it frequently since.  It is a favorite at our house. For this one I used walnuts, but often I use pecans.  I use Canola oil.
Grated zucchini.
Dry ingredients sifted together.
Walnuts and raisins ready to add.
This is good plain or we like it with mascarpone cheese when it's warm just out of the oven.  It freezes well too.
Plain.

With mascarpone cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment