Friday, May 4, 2012

Annual Dinner Honoring Distinguished Professors of Duke University


Our table at the Dinner.
Each year in April, Duke University honors its Distinguished Professors with a dinner--usually held at the Washington Duke Inn.  Dan and I enjoy this event---the food is always delicious, we treasure seeing old friends, and we like to meet the new inductees.  Dan was inducted as a James B. Duke Professor of Zoology in 1980, and that year the inductees were actually presented with a physical chair. 
Dan's JBD chair.
Before dinner I was admiring CT's beautiful and unusual necklace.
Lovely lady with lovely necklace.
Lump Crab Louis with Grilled Romaine, Golden Beet Puree & Grapefruit Caviar


Grilled Spiced Filet Mignon, Yukon Gold Potato, Local Asparagus
White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis and Pistachio Brittle

My distinguished professor and me.
Glad to have a reason to carry my favorite clutch.

4 comments:

  1. Very good picture of you and your distinguished
    professor.
    Like your clutch too!
    But not as much as I like your professor.

    Love you both!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like my professor better than my clutch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome and happy couple the two of you make! I miss you both and can't wait to see you!
    Frances xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Frances. We are looking forward to seeing you in June. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete