Sunday, April 29, 2012

Breakfast at Suppertime at The Shelby Cafe


The Shelby Cafe on South Lafayette Street is a Shelby, NC, icon, and it is known for its breakfasts which can be ordered all day.  It had been a long time since I had been there---probably when I was a college student many years ago---but my friend PJ, two of her grands and I ate there on Friday night. 
The Window of the Cafe.
Whenever I am in Shelby, I usually eat livermush in some form or fashion.  I knew the Shelby Cafe would have livermush.  I ordered the Mayor's Special Sandwich: eggs scrambled with livermush and cheese and wrapped in pita bread.  It was good.
The Mayor's Sandwich.

It was fun visiting this place again after all these years.  The memorabilia of bygone days make for a walk down memory lane.
Old coke cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment