Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Angus Barn's Chocolate Chess Pie


Image from the Angus Barn website.
A famous dessert from the Angus Barn is their chocolate chess pie. I made it recently. As you may know from some of my earlier posts, I'm trying chocolate recipes to decide what I'll take to the Chocolate Festival in Moore County.  This is a great pie, very rich, and it will satisfy your chocolate craving.
A really, really good chocolate chess pie.


Ingredients

    • 1 unbaked pie shell
    • 1/2 cup butter
    • 2 (1 ounce) Bakers semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 1 dash salt

Directions 

  1. Melt butter and chocolate
  2. Mix with other ingredients which have been blended together.
  3. Pour into pie crust,.
  4. Bake 35 minutes, at 350.
  5. Top with whipped cream.  (Except I didn't when I made it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment