Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness My 2012 Bracket


I become consumed with basketball this time of year.  I'm mainly a Tarheel fan (my kids and grandkids have Carolina Blue blood coursing their veins), my husband is a retired Duke professor (but not a big basketball fan), I have a master's from Duke, but my Ph.D. is from NC State.  So I could pull for the team that is winning among these three, and all three are in the NCAA tournament this year. 
Final four and final from my bracket this year.


Each year I enter my son Michael's office pool, Trust Company of the South.  Usually I end up on the bottom (in which case I get my $5.00 back), but last year I was number 27 out of 38.  My granddaughter, Grace, picked teams based upon the outfits of the cheerleaders last year, and she came in second. Perhaps I should get some advice from her. 
I wonder who Grace is picking this year (Photo by Meredith Palmer).
I'm picking Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Michigan State and Carolina for the final four with Carolina and Kentucky playing for the championship and Kentucky winning. I think it is going to be a very good tournament.  So basketball fans enjoy, and let the fun begin!

1 comment: