Friday, March 23, 2012

Baked Sweet Potato for Lunch


The other day I was here alone, and I wanted an easy to prepare lunch.  I thought, Why not a simple baked sweet potato?  Easy, tasty and healthy.  I popped a few NC sweet potatoes in the oven, and an hour or so later, lunch was ready.

Heat oven to 400° F.   Wash the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt and pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. You can coat with olive oil or not depending upon whether you want the skins to be soft or crisp. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil because as the potatoes get done, they will ooze caramelized syrup. Bake until fork tender, about an hour.

Cut potato in half and add butter and brown sugar. This is the most common way to eat baked sweet potatoes.
Baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar.

However, my favorite way to eat a baked sweet potato is to add a dollop of Trader Joe's Honey Yogurt.
Baked sweet potato with Honey Yogurt.

Trader Joe's Honey Yogurt.
This Greek Style Honey Yogurt from Trader Joe's is my favorite yogurt.  

Maggie gets the left over sweet potato skins.  She LOVES them.
Maggie finishing off the sweet potato skins.

1 comment:

  1. From your picture I can see that Maggie is really enjoying that sweet potatoe. Even her little ears look happy!
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete