Saturday, March 3, 2012

Brunch at Brio Tuscan Grille

Food is everything in Tuscany, and we fell in love with it while in Italy last fall.  I suppose the closest thing to Tuscan cuisine we have here in Raleigh is at the Brio Tuscan Grille. We had brunch there last Sunday.  The bread here is very good and rivals any we had in Tuscany.

Basket of bread at Brio.

My entree choice was the Eggs Oscar: Two poached eggs, a crab and shrimp cake, potatoes peperonata, grilled asparagus, artichokes, spinach and lemon butter. Finished with housemade Hollandaise.  Dan chose Eggs Benedict.

Eggs Oscar.


I really wasn't in the mood for dessert but their Peach Bellini sounded divine, and I let that be my dessert.  This Venetian treat is served frozen with peach nectar, peach Schnapps and Prosecco. Dan chose creme brulee.
My peach bellini.

Dan's creme brulee.

The ambiance of the Brio Tuscan Grille is reminiscent of Italy.  So for a couple of hours on Sunday we pretended we were back in Tuscany.

Decor reminiscent of a Tuscany restaurant.

Brio Tuscan Grille on UrbanspoonGadding About with Grandpat Research Triangle restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment