Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Alan’s Moose or The Photo I Wish I Had Taken

Several years ago when friends Alan and Patsy were visiting from North Carolina we planned a day’s drive around the Cabot Trail ( http://www.cabottrail.com/).  It was a rainy day, and I didn’t have much hope for seeing any moose, so I didn’t bother to take my camera.

From Cheticamp we entered the Cape Breton National Park, and as we climbed the trail it became foggier and foggier, so we turned around and headed back down.  Suddenly in a meadow to our right we saw three moose cows and a bull moose with the most spectacular rack. Alan pulled off the road, whipped out his little digital camera, and as he snapped the photo the bull moose raised up and posed as if to say “Take my picture.”

I’ve always regretted failing to get a photo of this splendid animal.  But I’ve learned.  As the American Express ad says, “Don’t leave home without it (the camera that is).”

Photo by Alan Fearing.  Alan's photo is in perfect focus, it is my photo taken through the glass of the picture frame that is not in sharp focus.

1 comment: