Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Neon Bands From The Inward Eye

"Neon Bands From The Inward Eye" silk screen by Richard Anuszkiewicz.
Last week I attended Leland Little's Auction and Estate Sale in Hillsborough, NC.  Most of the pieces that drew my interest sold for more than I was prepared to pay, but I did manage to get this colorful Op Art piece by Richard Anuszkiewicz. 


Considered a major force in the Op Art movement, Anuszkiewicz is concerned with the optical changes that occur when different high-intensity colors are applied to the same geometric configurations.  In 1964, Life magazine called him the "New Wizard of Op".  As for Op Art, I can take it or leave it, but this silk screen had just the vibrant yellows and corals that I was looking for to brighten up our back entrance and to coordinate with the accent colors of the adjacent kitchen.

'Neon Bands" at home in our back entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment