Friday, December 30, 2011

....You know its way too fast to be crawlin on these interstate roads...

1966 Ford Mustang
I was in Cleveland County, NC recently and a young friend of mine was eager to show me his new old car.  It's a 1966 Ford Mustang in excellent condition.  A former owner had painted it this "I think I'm going to throw up magenta", but my friend and his dad are going to restore it to its original cherry red color.  It reminds me of Chuck Berry's song My Mustang Ford where he sings about his cherry red mustang.  (You can listen to it on You Tube)
The interior is in excellent condition. 
Gas tank cap at rear of car.

Wes and his new set of wheels.
He and his dad are going to restore it to its original cherry red.

This is going to be too pretty to drive to school when he gets his driver's license in December and "way too fast to be crawlin on these interstate roads".  Be careful, but have fun Wes!

I'm reposting this for Wesley.  Happy Birthday Wesley.

2 comments: