Friday, September 16, 2011

Taglio di Capelli at ROI


Taglio di capelli sounds like some kind of dance, but actually it's Italian for haircut.  We're heading to Italy soon, and I'm just practicing my Italian.  Roi Parker of the ROI Salon has been cutting my hair for several years, and I was in yesterday to have il mio taglio di capelli (my haircut).

ROI recently moved to its new location at 817 Oberlin Road in Raleigh.  This stretch of Oberlin near Cameron Village has a number of cottages and bungalows built during the 1920s to 1940s.  The ROI Salon is in one of these.
The front entrance to ROI Salon.








Abstact art throughout emphasizes the color palette.
























Roi has tastefully decorated the interior with a color palette of sea foam greens, soft corals, deep turquoises and bright orange.  The combination provides an aesthetically pleasing atmosphere.

Accent of turquoise provided by pottery.
The waiting area.






















Roi at work.

This lovely planting greets one at the back entrance to the ROI Salon.



Il mio taglio di capelli da Roi. (My haircut by Roi.)




No comments:

Post a Comment