Friday, September 9, 2011

Lunch at the Lindley Park Filling Station



I was in Greensboro yesterday, visiting my friend Virginia who lives in Lindley Park.  This is a beautiful old neighborhood and a popular area near the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and downtown.  Just two blocks from her house there are a number of little bistros and restaurants and one of the best is the Lindley Park Filling Station.  This was once a filling station for cars and now is a filling station for people.  They are best known for their unique sandwiches and salads each named for one of the streets in Lindley Park.


My Madison Avenue (missing two bites) and a side of sweet potato fries.

We each had the Madison Avenue… Smoked Turkey, Granny Smith Apples, Honey Walnut Cream Cheese on a Croissant, but when I was there once before I had the Chapman Street… Pimento cheese & bacon burger on an onion roll. It's hard to choose a sandwich there are so many interesting ones.  Both times I chose their delicious sweet potato fries as a side.


When you're next in Greensboro, I highly recommend your checking this place out.  Yummy!


A patron, Audrey, enjoying the beautiful day out front of the restaurant.  I like this bench.



Bumper sticker for my car.
http://lindleyfillingstation.com

1 comment:

  1. Catchy name and I love how they name the sandwiches after the streets.That bench is a very nice piece of artwork!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete