Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Our Elf on the Shelf Has Disappeared

Ellie on hearth among gifts.
I don't really know what is involved in the Elf on the Shelf craze, because I don't have any little ones, but I did see this cute little elf in the store the other day and on impulse I bought her.  I even named her "Ellie".  Now I have her sitting around the house in different places as I get ready for Christmas.  When any of the grands come by (they are not so young anymore--the youngest is twelve) I will ask them to look for the elf.  They humor me and play along with their Grandpat.
On a shelf in one of the bookcases in the living room.

Here's what our Elf has been doing as I get ready for the holidays.


Among the Christmas gifts.

On porch waiting for carolers.

Hanging out with the Christmas gnome on front porch.

On cabinet in guest bathroom.

Hiding behind one of my favorite pieces of pottery in the guest bedroom.

One morning I found her on a shelf in the cookbook bookcase.  I decided perhaps she was wanting to help me cook.
On a shelf in the cookbook bookcase.
And sure enough, she helped me make spiced pecans, gifts for our friends and neighbors.
Ellie helping stir in the melted butter before roasting the pecans.
Sometimes she doesn't really like being on a shelf.
Being a couch potato.

One night, I discovered she was having a sleepover with Maggie our puppy.
And there she was on the top of the tv in the den the other day.
On top of tv. 


It's been fun watching where she will show up each day.

On Christmas Eve when we were having our traditional Christmas Eve supper/party Ellie was there, but after it was over she was tired from all the merriment.

Tired Ellie.


Ellie has gone back to the North Pole.
This morning when we got up, Ellie had disappeared.  I understand elves go back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve so she must have hitched a ride with Santa last night.  Maybe she'll return next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment