Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Homemade Pizza for Two

A homemade pizza for two.

I have discovered these wonderful little pizza crusts at Whole Foods that are the perfect size for Dan and me to share.  So I make a lot of pizza using these.  I just brush with a little olive oil and add whatever toppings I may have on hand and within 20 minutes lunch is ready.

This crust is made with corn meal and wheat flour and is one of the best pizza crusts I have ever eaten.  It stay so "crusty" after baking.

Corn Meal pizza crusts.
It's easy to take leftovers and with this crust one can prepare a lunch that is nutritious  very quickly.

Brush with olive oil.
Brush with olive oil.

Add tomato sauce.
Add tomato sauce and lots of fresh ground pepper.
Saute veggies.

Add onions, red peppers, and mushrooms that have been sauteed. 
Top with veggies and baked chicken left overs.

Add leftover baked chicken.
Add cheese and garnish with broccoli florets.

Top with mozzarella cheese and bits of broccoli florets.
Bake in 425 F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Out of the oven.
Ready to eat.  Enjoy!!!

With a side salad, this makes a quick and delicious lunch.  Dan and I had this for lunch today. 

Check out the website for the makers of this pizza crust:Vicolo Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment