Thursday, December 5, 2013

HOTEL NACIONAL DE CUBA

The National Hotel of Cuba.

I know just where I'm going to stay, if only for one night, when I next go to Cuba: The National Hotel.  Kathy entertained the group of Wolftrekers with an afternoon drink at this hotel, and oh it is so lovely.  This was one of my favorite spots on our trip.
The Lobby.

The lobby is majestic.  And I liked the Hall of Fame Bar with the photos of all the celebrities that have stayed or visited the hotel.
Gary Cooper stayed here.
Stan Musial stayed here.

Here's Patrick with a statue of Nat King Cole one of my very favorite singers of all time.  He was very popular when I was in college.
Nat King Cole stayed here and performed here.


This prompts me to share a video from You Tube of Cole singing Unforgettable which describes how I feel about this hotel.

There was a juke box where one could play their favorite records.

Art Deco Juke Box.
We enjoyed drinks out on the terrace overlooking the beautiful gardens.
Photos of Hotel Nacional de Cuba, Havana
This photo of Hotel Nacional de Cuba is courtesy of TripAdvisor

My strawberry daiquiri.
Yes indeed, on my next trip I'm going to stay here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment