Sunday, February 17, 2013

Something For Everyone...New Bern Antique Show 2013


Fancy Blue Ridge.
Each February the New Bern Preservation Foundation sponsors an Antique Show in the Civic Center---a beautiful venue for the show.  And for over ten years now, I have been a vendor at the Show.  It is always a lot of fun.  And sales are usually pretty good.  There is always something for everyone.  Here's some of those somethings from this year.
Pretty Blue Ridge plate in my booth.

Unusual Blue Ridge wall pocket in my booth.

As I was unpacking one of my boxes during setup, I discovered a little hedgehog that I didn't remember having.  I was debating whether to sell it or keep it.  I love hedgehogs.  My friend Marcia came over, bought it, and then gave it to me for Valentine's.  That's called "having your cake and eating it too."  Marcia is a great friend.
My cute little hedgehog.
Virginia, a vendor whose booth is across from mine, usually has something that I can't resist.  This year it is a lovely maple bowl with a hand-painted design that I bought for Dan as a Valentine's gift.

There's always lots of furniture.
Nice chest in one of the vendor's booth.
Usually some vintage toys.
Vintage baseball figures.
Pretty vases.
Victorian picture frame in my booth.
Can't you see how much fun this is?  I always look forward to this show where many of the vendors have become good friends and where there is always something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment