Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nutella Hot Chocolate for World Nutella Day

Espresso enhances the chocolate flavor in Nutella.

At our house we love Nutella the chocolate hazelnut spread.  To celebrate World Nutella Day, I tried to find a recipe for something different using Nutella, and I found this simple recipe on and then I do the dishes blog. 

Nutella Hot Chocolate
1 cup milk*
1 tbsp Nutella
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder. 

The ingredients.
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, whisk all three ingredients together until well combined, warm and frothy.  If it's too sweet, add a little more milk.  This is good even without the espresso powder, but I happened to have some and it adds a nice flavor.

I actually used two tablespoons for this because I was making a 12 oz mug of hot chocolate.





Add 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder.
Stir while heating over medium heat until warm and frothy.

*At our house we usually drink skim milk, but I did use whole milk for this.  Nice and rich. Or you could add a little half and half to skim milk.  We keep half and half around as cream for our hot tea.  
Ready to enjoy.

If you like banana sandwiches, you might try using Nutella instead of mayo or peanut butter.  That makes a nice sandwich.  I like to toast the bread a bit before spreading the Nutella. Good for a quick breakfast.
An open faced sandwich.
Or a regular sandwich.
A nice hot cup of Nutella chocolate with a banana/nutella sandwich makes a nice breakfast for Nutella Day or any day for that matter.  Yum!

Have a happy World Nutella Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment