Sunday, August 5, 2012

Picked Up By The Police



After a trip to Peggy’s Cove and to Lunenberg, Mary and I went down to the waterfront in Halifax to get my favorite ice cream, maple walnut, at Cow’s. There’s no other ice cream as good as this ice cream--- made in PEI, I believe.
On way to Peggy's Cove.

Cow's ice cream at Halifax Waterfront.

We had booked tickets on the Haligonian III for a cruise in Halifax Harbor so that we would have a good view of the fireworks scheduled for 10:00 over the bridge to Dartmouth.
Haligonian III.

 There’s a big celebration this weekend to celebrate Natal Day, and the fireworks are part of it.
Fireworks.

Fireworks.

At eleven upon returning to our car parked in the Murphy’s lot, I discovered I had lost my car keys.  In retracing our steps, some of the places we had been were closed.  And there didn't seem to be a general lost and found department on the waterfront. So no keys, and we were stuck downtown at midnight with my car locked in the parking lot and no way to get back to where we were staying for the night

We flagged a policeman in his car, and he was very helpful.  He suggested we have the spare key which Dan had in Cape Breton, four hours away, sent down by bus. (Sunday and Monday, a holiday, the Chrysler dealers in town were closed.) the next day.  He took us back in his squad car to Risley Hall on the DAL campus where we were staying. 

I was mighty glad we were  “picked up by the police”.

2 comments:

  1. I see you are still getting into unusual
    situations. Glad the police helped you out,
    that was dangerous to be locked out of everything.
    Did you ever get your keys back? You need an extra key pinned to you undies !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get the keys back on Sunday. Dan's cousin picked me up at the dorm and took me back to the waterfront where I went to the place where I thought I left them, but was told they weren't there. They WERE there the next day. In the meantime, Dan had sent a spare key via the bus to Halifax in case I didn't find mine. Unusual---yes. Never a dull momwnt up here.

    ReplyDelete