Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars Tonight

I enjoy watching the Oscars each year, and I'm looking forward to seeing who wins tonight.  Here are some of my favorite winners of past years:
  
Best Actress Elizabeth Taylor ("Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"). 1967

Best Actor John Wayne ("True Grit"). 1970

Best Actor Henry Fonda, Best Actress Katherine Hepburn, (" On Golden Pond"). 1982
Best Picture winner “Terms of Endearment,” with the movie’s Best Actress winner Shirley MacLaine and Supporting Actor winner Jack Nicholson. (1984).
Best Picture ("Rainman"), 1989.
Best Picture (The King's Speech"), 2011.

And one of my all time favorite songs to win is "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" by Burt Bacharach and Hal David.  It won for best song in 1970 for the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".  A great movie, with two great actors, Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Have a listen.




1 comment:

  1. I love the Oscars too, but hubby Guy won't watch them.

    ReplyDelete