Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tom Ford's Not a Football Player???

Before the Academy Awards on Sunday night, if someone had asked me who Tom Ford is I would probably have guessed, "A football player in the NFL?"  Louis Vuitton? I know. Armani? I know.  And now I know that Tom Ford is an American fashion designer who designed the lovely dress Gwyneth Paltrow was wearing on the Red Carpet at the Academy Awards.  I'm not one to follow the latest fashion trends.  Nevertheless, for the Oscars I decided I would choose my favorite three dresses the stars were wearing.

My favorite was the white dress with cape worn by Gwyneth Paltrow and designed by Tom Ford.  She was stunning.
Gwyneth Paltrow, simple, elegant, regal.

My second choice is the dress worn by Penelope Cruz and designed by Armani.  A glamorous periwinkle blue with a short train. I liked the hairstyle of Cruz as well--reminded me of Grace Kelly.
Penelope Cruz in blue dress by Armani.

And lovely Michelle Williams wearing a strapless,coral dress by Louis Vuitton was my third choice. This reminds me, I've yet to see My Week With Marilyn starring Williams.
Michelle Williams wearing Louis Vuitton.
So there you have it--- my take on the fashions on the Red Carpet on Oscar night.  And now I know that Tom Ford is not an NFL football star.

No comments:

Post a Comment