Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Hanging Out with my CD Collection.

Our CD collection. 

Last week I dusted off my CD collection and decided to play some oldies, specifically songs from the 50s which were the heydays of my high school and college years.  Some years ago I organized our collection and shelved them according to categories: Cape Breton, Classical, Country, Easy Listening, Irish, Pop Music, Prose, Rhythm and Blues, Rock and Roll, Scottish, Xmas.


Country Music
Part of our list.  


 I have the most (51)  under the category Pop Music.  Artists such as Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Beatles, Eva Cassidy, Arlo Guthrie, Simon & Garfunkel, James Taylor, just to name a few.




Here's one of my favorites from 1959,  I bet my high school/college friends remember this one.

I have over 20 classical CDs. 
Another of my favorites from my classical collection.

I even have a few country CDs.
I like almost everything that Willie Nelson has done.

And of course, I can't leave out Cape Breton music.  Here's one by Natalie MacMaster.  Dan and I used to see her when she was a teenager performing in communities near where we stay in Cape Breton during the summers.



I hope you have enjoyed hanging out with me and enjoying a bit of music from my CD collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment