Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Hanging Out with Grandpat on Wednesday Morning

Hang out with me for tea and toast this morning!!

One thing I am trying to do at least once a week is to post on my blog.  This is for my own sanity so you can ignore or not.  Today I thought I would just post some of the things that I've done this morning so you can hang with me.

I filled up Maggie my dog's water bowl.

Hey, let's water my indoor plants.

Words With Friends on my phone is helping me during these days.  I usually have two or three games going at any one time.  This morning I played with an online friend of mine who is in Toronto. She usually beats me.  But it is usually pretty close which is fun.

For dinner, I am going to make tacos so I picked some lettuce from my little garden in my raised bed.


Morning tea was special because of the freshly made sourdough bread that my friend Amanda left at my door yesterday.  Toast with that bread and butter and blackberry jam really hit the spot. Thanks Amanda for the delicious bread and for the brownies too. I wish you could have been here to have tea with me.

My real treat this morning was talking with my friend Libby who is in Shelby.  Libby and I have known each other since the first grade.  In high school, we were good friends and we sometimes had sleepovers at each other's house.  Back in the day,  young children did not have sleepovers like the children do today, but in high school, we did occasionally.  What do two OLD friends talk about when housebound? how we get groceries, how we get our hair done, cleaning the house, and working in our yard.  Next time we will reminisce about our high school days.
Libby is on the left. Peggy Jean in the middle, Pat Whitley on the right.  This afternoon I'm hoping to hang out with those other two who have also been friends since first grade.  I think this was when we got together in Lattimore in January.  

Stay tuned for more hanging out.





No comments:

Post a Comment