Saturday, June 1, 2013

J & C Greenhouses Saved My Jade Plant

JL Pittman repotting my Jade plant.

About ten years ago I bought a lovely jade plant from J & C Greenhouses at the N.C. State  Farmer's Market in Raleigh, and for years it thrived and got bigger and in February it looked like this.
My ten-year old Jade plant in February 2013.

Then in the last two months some of the branches began falling off.  Friday I took it back to the NC State Farmer's Market to see if JL and Connie could help me save it.  I probably watered it too much during the winter.  Connie says the plant requires virtually no watering in the wintertime. JL saved the trunks that had healthy roots, and by adding another plant they had, it is restored to being quite a nice arrangement.
JL and Connie of J & C Greenhouses.

Their logo.

JL and Connie have a wonderful collection of succulents, and they display at the Farmer's Market throughout most of the year.  Here are some examples of lovely plants they have for sale.
A pretty cactus. 
Rows of succulents.
Tiered rock garden.

If you are looking for some nice succulents this is the place to go.
My Jade plant repotted and looking mighty good.

And here is my doctored Jade plant back on the front porch where it lives in the summer.

4 comments:

  1. You should see the pile of salad and fruit containers just waiting to be tured into mii greenhouses! www.greenhousesblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. indoor greenhouse

    ReplyDelete