Sunday, September 16, 2012

James Tucker's Paintings at Friday Night Auction


One of James Tucker's paintings from his Ocracoke series that I was not high bidder on.
The late James Tucker from Greensboro was a dear friend of ours, and on Friday night some of his paintings were sold at Leland Little's Auction.  Laura and I went over to Hillsborough for the auction, and I was lucky to be high bidder on two of the paintings from his Ocracoke series. 
I was high bidder on this one.

And this one.

But I was outbid on this one.


There was a nice modernistic wood sculpture that just seemed to have my name on it, and luckily by the end of the auction it did. 
I took this home with me.
I really liked a photograph that sold for over $1000.  I'm not sure who the lucky high bidder was. 
A very captivating photograph from the 1930s.


Leland Little's auction is one of the best in the southeast, and we are lucky it is near us over in Hillsborough.

No comments:

Post a Comment