Friday, July 13, 2012

Funny Money

Canadian money.

It always takes me a few days to get accustomed to Canadian money.  The different colored bills remind me of Monopoly money,  but once I remember that they're real money I'm a little more careful about spending them.   I rather like the different colors that make it easy to distinguish various denominations.

There are neither one dollar nor two dollar bills in Canada, but rather coins.  The one dollar coin has a loon on one side and Queen Elizabeth on the other, and it is called a Loonie.
A Canadian dollar or loonie.



The two dollar coin has a bear on one side and Queen Elizabeth on the other, and it is called a Toonie.

The Canadian two dollar coin or toonie.

I wish that the US had one dollar and two dollar coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment