Thursday, July 12, 2012

Coffee Crisp Ice Cream Pie

Coffee Crisp Ice Cream Pie

As I posted recently, Coffee Crisp candy bars are my favorite up here, and I can't find them in North Carolina.  I just had to try this recipe for an ice cream pie using these candy bars.

Coffee Crisp Ice Cream Pie
               
Ingredients     (Serves 6 )   
1/3 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
1 graham cracker crumb crust
1 1/2 cups milk
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla (or butterscotch) pudding, 4 serving    
3 1/2 cups thawed cool whip           
4 coffee crisp candy bars


1    Pour butterscotch sauce on bottom of prepared 9 inch crumb crust, spread evenly.
2    Prepare instant pudding (I used butterscotch) with milk, following directions on package.
3    Stir in cool whip.
4    Chop coffee crisp bars add three to the cool whip pudding mixture.
5    Reserve one for the topping.
6    Spoon mixture into crumb crust.
7    Place in freezer for 6 hours.
8    Remove pie from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
The whole pie.

Slice of pie.

The pie was okay.  I think I prefer my Coffee Crisp straight out of the wrapper.  It might be good to incorporate chopped Coffee Crisp candy bars directly into softened vanilla ice cream, refreeze then serve topped with butterscotch sauce.   I'm not a fan of Cool Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment