Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blueberry Cream Pie

Blueberry Cream Pie
I mentioned in a recent post, Lunch With Bob and Sally, that I had gotten the recipe for the blueberry cream pie that Sally made for dessert.  So the other day I made one, and I will share the recipe with you.

    Blueberry Cream Pie
    (From Sally Kendall)

1 (9 inch) deep dish unbaked pie crust ( I had puff pastry that I needed to use and used it for the crust.)
1 quart blue berries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons minute tapioca
3 tablespoons flour
6-7 pats butter

Put berries in pie crust
Mix sugar, tapioca, and flour
Sprinkle over berries, lifting to coat all; dot with butter
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.  Cool.
Filling of pie ready for oven.

Filling of pie just out of oven.  Cool in fridge.


Topping:
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cream or yogurt
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix cream cheese, with cream and powdered sugar.  Fold into whipped cream and vanilla.  Spread over cooled filling and refrigerate.
Ready to eat.  So yummy.
 Thanks to Sally for this tasty recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment