Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Gadding About at The Green Chair Project


I recently had some nice furniture that I wanted to donate to a worthy cause and a friend told me about The Green Chair Project.  I am so impressed with this organization that I plan to donate much more to them as I try to downsize a bit.  Here's the mission of the Project:

Our Mission Statement

Working together to provide everyone the comforts of home.

Our mission is to reuse donated household furnishings to renew lives of participants referred from area programs who are recovering after homelessness, crisis or disaster.

The other day Debbie and I took some of the smaller donations I wanted to make to them, and I talked with them about picking up the larger pieces of furniture that I planned to donate.  

The entryway was beautifully decorated and there were green chairs of all sizes around the area.  And lots of other "green" things. 


Bryan, one of the volunteers, took us on a tour of the area where the clients can shop. There are several packages from which they choose, and the clients use their own money, but the money goes much further here than at most places.  

There's a beautiful collection of artwork too.

One choice they can make is a kitchen pack. The clients can choose their own color scheme and select things that they will enjoy in their new home.  

Yes, this is a wonderful organization, and Debbie and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.  I'm even thinking of volunteering for them.  And certainly any future donations of household goods from me will be to The Green Chair Project.

Check out their website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment