Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 in Review


As I begin 2017 today, I look back on 2016.  It was a sad year in many ways because I lost several people that I love very much.  Our jack-of-all trades Steve passed in February and in March I lost my sweet Dan.  In the fall Joe who had been with Dan during the crocodile attack passed away.  Here are some photos to show some of the events of 2016.

January:  two of my grandsons on the UNC JV basketball team  Zach (14) and Brooks (15)

February: Grandson Tyler and his date at the Queen of Hearts Dance.
May:  Brooks and Missy traveled with me to Cape Breton.

May: Beautiful flower arrangement at Memorial Service for Dan.

September:  Becky and Paula traveled with me to Cape Breton.
September:  We scattered Dan's ashes in the meadow overlooking the lake in Cape Breton.
October:  My little great grand niece as Raggedy Ann on Halloween.
November:  Granddaughter Grace a cheerleader at Broughton where she is a freshman.
November:  Zach visits Claire in Copenhagen. 
December:  Snow at Marble Mountain as viewed on our webcam at the house there. 
December:  Christmas Eve dinner at the house. 
And now I am looking forward to the New Year.  Wishing peace and good health to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment