Thursday, February 13, 2014

Be My Valentine

A 1940s vintage valentine.

With Valentine's coming up, I thought back about when I was in elementary school in the late 40s and remembered the kind of valentines we would share with our class mates.  I would usually buy a bag or box full of valentines at Woolworth's and then go through them picking out ones for class mates, and putting them in the little envelopes with their names on them. At school we would put all our valentines in a large box and several students would then hand them out. 

I'm thinking I always made a card for every class mate.  I hope so.  There were probably some kids who didn't get many cards, and that was cruel.  I hope they don't exchange cards like this in school these days.  Anyway here are some old vintage cards very similar to the ones I would send. 

Of course we always had a card for our teacher.


Many of these seem pretty corny now, but it is a bit nostalgic looking back at these old cards.

Wishing all of you a very happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment