Thursday, November 21, 2013

Breakfast Buffet at the Melia Havana


Turesday I talked about all the good food we had on our recent trip, but I saved breakfast for a post of its own.  We had breakfast at our hotel, the Melia Havana.  There was an incredible breakfast buffet each morning that included anything one could possibly want for breakfast.  I ate more than I usually do for breakfast because of all the choices. 

The choice of fruits was especially nice: fresh pineapple, guava, mango, grapefruit and juices of all kinds. And the food was beautifully presented.
A lovely arrangement of guava fruit.
Guava.
A wide choice of juices, my favorite was guava juice.

I was surprised at how good the cheese was.
Cuban cheese.
There were several kinds of bread.

Baguettes.

One morning I opted for a delicious egg and cheese omelet.
My breakfast.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but boy do I like hot chocolate, and the hot chocolate was so good that I drank 3 cups every morning (the cups were rather small).  It came out of the machine nice and hot and with lots of chocolate and not too much sugar.  Just perfect!
Hot drink machine.
A perfect cup of hot chocolate.

With a breakfast like this, I could have skipped lunch each day. But, of course, I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment