Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Déjà vu: A Ride in a 1950s Convertible


Ready to leave the restaurant for a ride in a 1950s yellow convertible.
In 1956  I rode in a 1950s convertible in the Shelby Christmas Parade.  I don't remember what kind it was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't yellow.  I never realized that 57 years later I would again ride in a 1950s convertible and with two grown sons.  But it happened in Cuba recently.

 Michael, Patrick and I hitched a ride in a beautiful vintage yellow convertible (Chevrolet circa 1950s) from a restaurant in old Havana back to our hotel, the Melia Havana.  It was a beautiful evening, the moon was shining and there was a slight breeze.  Our driver drove slowly so we could enjoy the moment.  Don't ask me why, but as we were riding along the Beatle's song, Yellow Submarine kept going around in my head.


The speedometer didn't work and the odometer showed 0000000.

Notice the gear shift.












Patrick and the taxi driver.

Patrick "driving" the convertible.
  This ride was one of the highlights of my trip.

1 comment: