Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Table Decorations


I'm finally getting in the Christmas spirit.  Today I decorated the dining table and with very little expense.  In the News and Observer the other day I saw a suggestion to use your crystal glasses inverted as candle holders.  Following their suggestion I used two iced tea glasses and two water glasses and filled their cavities with silver ribbons, tied ribbons around the stems and placed the glasses down the center of a green runner that I've used before.
Inverted tea glass as candle holder.
Silver ribbons fill the cavity of the glass.

At Target I found these LED votive candles which I placed on the now inverted feet of the glasses.  On Christmas Eve and Christmas I'll use real votive candles, but with the LED candles I can leave them lit in the evenings until then and not worry about catching something on fire. 
LED votive.

In the center of the table I used a silver vase and arranged white hydrangeas and variegated acuba from the garden to make a very simple yet effective arrangement. Spill a string of silver beads down the runner and voila the table is finished. 
Arrangement of white hydrangeas and acuba.

The acuba complements the white hydrangeas nicely.

Silver beads spilling down the green runner.
Add the silver chargers I bought last year at the After Christmas Sale at Target and the table is ready to be set and for less than $50.00 including the fresh flowers.

Silver charger purchased on sale last year.

2 comments:

  1. Simple but lovely. I especially like the led lights. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fantastic post. Thank you so much for putting so much work into this offering. We always host Christmas, and this will help. I've been collecting some ideas for Christmas table decorations in my Pinterest board so I'll include this too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete