Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Lunch with Norman and Frances

Frances
Norman
Two of my best friends in Nova Scotia are Norman and Frances Oram (Frances is the daughter of another best friend, Michealette, and I've known her since she was a preteen.) Top of my list on this trip was to visit in St. Peter's with these two, so Michealette and I drove over for lunch. Frances and Norman can fix something delicious on the spur of the moment.  (I offered to take them out for lunch, but Frances wanted to prepare lunch.)

Delicious homemade chicken soup really fit the bill.  I contributed Cedar House tea biscuits that I had bought the day before.  A green salad topped off a delicious lunch.

The desserts, however, were the icing on the cake.  The homemade blueberry cake (sorry I didn't get a photo, I was too busy enjoying it) with just a simple vanilla icing was soooo good.  The other option was Smores.  The Smores were made inside, so no bugs! You may find it hard to believe, but I had never eaten Smores.  So I had both desserts.  Yum!!!
My very first Smores.  I loved it. 
Will-O the family cat who will sit at the dining table and not make a move to get on the table joined us.  Well-behaved cat I must say! He's such a handsome fellow too with an unusual coat pattern.
Will-O sitting politely at the table. 
Frances always has the table decorated colorfully.
Pretty table.  

I find their house so beautifully decorated, and not surprising, they are both extremely talented and artistic.

As we left,  Frances demonstrated the porch swing that Norman made for her.

This visit was a great beginning to my vacation in Cape Breton this summer.

p.s. Norman always has frozen mackerel for me, because he knows it is my favorite fish.  Michealette and I took this home for dinner that night. Thanks, Norman.

Frozen mackerel.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are going to smoke that mackerel! I can not imagine eating it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete