Sunday, August 20, 2017

Hiding Painted Rocks in Shelby, NC

Lately painted rocks have been turning up in Shelby and other places in Cleveland County, NC.   When found these painted rocks can be kept or rehidden around town to provide joy for others to find.  Families and folks of all ages are enjoying this.

The beach at our summer place in Marble Mountain, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia has beautiful flat rocks.  Knowing that I would be visiting in Shelby upon my return from Marble Mountain, I collected six nicely shaped rocks and had my friend Iris paint them.

Now I have hidden these in Shelby on or in the block around the Court Square. I have included my email address and if the person who finds one will send me a photo along with their address, or you can post a photo of it on Cleveland Strong Rocks facebook page, I will mail them a Loonie (a Canadian $1) or maybe a Toonie (a Canadian $2.). * The one dollar is called a Loonie because it has a loon on it. And of course Toonie rhymes with Loonie.








I hope you have as much finding them as I had hiding them.  Post your pics on Cleveland Strong Rocks on Facebook.

*The Loonie and the Toonie have no monetary value in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment