Sunday, October 30, 2016

Lunch With Boguska and Leslaw my Polish Friends

Potato cakes.  

I had a delightful visit with my friend Boguska and her husband Leslaw for lunch today.  Boguska is one of my "surrogate daughters", and she is a wonderful cook.  She is always bringing me goodies to eat---Polish dishes from her home country.  But today I was treated to lunch at her house.

I knew the lunch would be special because not only do I love her cooking I enjoy her and Leslaw's company.  Her table was beautifully decorated with these lovely flowers that complemet her walls perfectly.  And look at that homemade bread on the table.
Pretty arrangement on table.  
Homemade bread.  Yum!

The first course consisted of homemade mushroom soup.  I particuarly enjoy Boguska's soups.
Mushroom soup.

And then I watched as she prepared potato cakes. She says they are only good if eaten when freshly made (but I'm not sure if that's true, because I brought home those that were left and I'm looking forward to those for lunch tomorrow.)  She used frozen hash brown which she turned into mashed potatoes in her blender, and then added an egg, onions, and a spoonful or two of flour to hold the cakes together as they were fried.
The potato cakes are garnished with sour cream.  
Of course, I should have known that she would have a wonderful dessert (she and I both like our sweets). Today it was a homemade cherry layered cake with whipped cream.

After lunch I enjoyed a long visit on her screened porch looking out over her beautiful backyard. What a relaxing day.  Thank you Boguska.
Enjoying the backyard from the screened porch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment